What does Quality Link mean?
For many years getting to the top of search engine results was all about getting others to link to your page or site. It was a numbers game.
Today search engines only take into account certain links and each link carries a certain weight. In this way one very good quality link can be worth more than 1,000 poor quality ones.
So what makes for quality?
- The link is on a page or site which itself has good quality links
- The link is on a page or site that is associated with a seed site (it has a link from a seed site, or a link from another site that has a link from a seed site - basically the further it is removed from the seed site the less authority it can pass on.
- The link is in the body text of the page
- The page has a similar theme to the one it is linking to
- The closer the link is to the top of the page the more authority it has to pass on.
- Authority is divided among the links on the page so the fewer other outbound links there are the more it can pass on.
This weighting is often referred to as Link Juice
. The better the link, the more juice it can pass on.