Getting Started in SEO
This section of the site covers:
- What exactly is SEO? - if you're new to the field or confused by what you've read this should clear it up!
- SEO and Online Marketing - is Search Engine Optimization really the right way to go for your needs? Are there alternatives that might help you achieve your goals better or that you can use to amplify your SEO work?
- DIY SEO - What are the pros and cons of doing your own Search Engine Optimization?
- How search engines really rank pages - understanding what goes on under the bonnet of search engines is your first step to being able to rank higher.
- SEO Auditing - start by learning the basic principles behind a SEO audit which will allow you to map out the changes needed for your website.
- Popular SEO myths you can ignore - with so much misinformation on the Internet I'll kill off the myths that could lead you astray.
- Top rankings without SEO - a few examples of where people I know and clients I've helped went horribly wrong ... before I arrived :)
So let's start at the top with What exactly is SEO?.